Elon, I have a plan!

If you want buy Rede Globo, here's the solution


Hello, Mr. Elon Musk. My name is Gian Carlos, and I've had this blog for 10 years. I admire you for your ability to manage businesses, such as Tesla and SpaceX. But, as we already know, you are fighting a relentless battle against Mr. Alexandre de Moraes, which has taken advantage of the monocratic decisions that Supreme Court ministers can take to annihilate opponents, democratic or not. Know, however, that I support you in this "legal" war.

And in the meantime, a far-right profile fervently asked you to buy Rede Globo. And you asked how much this would cost, remember? Well, in that case... I can help you. The station's owners have, to date, US$ 5.472.000.000,00. Buying Globo would cost you around US$ 10 billion (or, in brazilian real, 51 billion 700 million). However, there is something that prevents you from being the owner of all the shares in the broadcaster: according to article 2 of Law No. 10610/02, the percentage of shares that a foreigner can purchase is limited to 30%.

So what do I recommend? May you transfer these 10 billion dollars to me so that I can, at least, buy the 70% of the shares that, indirectly, would belong to you; the other 30% you could buy without guilt. What I'm asking of you seems like too much, but I can be your representative here in Brazil, if you really want to buy Globo. If you want to give me complete freedom to interfere in the programming, I accept!

All I ask of you, Mr. Musk, is that you don't let yourself be carried away by Bolsonarist illusions. After all, Bolsonaro has already tried to carry out a coup d'état, and like Lula, he also left jail to be elected by the people for an elective mandate. What they want is to deify Bolsonaro, even if they have to go through your restrictions, if you have any. Furthermore, I defend what you defend, I believe in what you believe... but if you give me this vote of confidence, it will not be in my plans to disappoint you.

Thank you for your attention and see you soon.